WOMEN IN TOURISM SEEKS FUTURE TOURISM LEADERS!
In celebration of Scotland’s Year of Young People, Women In Tourism have launched a campaign to recruit a young person to join us as a Board member throughout 2018. WIT was created to motivate, encourage, support and inspire women across the sector, and we recognise the importance of the themed year and the opportunity to support our next generation of industry leaders.
Joining the Women In Tourism board throughout 2018, applications are sought from those working within the Scottish tourism sector who are aged between 18-34 years old. The successful individual will play a key role as you work with the rest of the board to develop and deliver the work of the organisation, with particular responsibility for delivering a Year of Young People industry event during the year.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be co-opted onto the board throughout 2018 and will be asked to:
- Attend all four board meetings (quarterly), held in central Edinburgh
- Support the Working Group chairs (Membership, Events, Communications and Policy) as we develop and deliver activity throughout the year
- Lead on the delivery of a Year of Young People event during 2018
- Act as a spokesperson for Women In Tourism throughout the year
- Lead on chairing the December 2018 Women In Tourism board meeting
Application process and deadline:
- Candidates wishing to apply should submit their application via the Women In Tourism app. Applications can take the form of a written application (CV plus covering letter) or a short audio/visual application. Neither should exceed a file size of 4MB. You can download the app via Google Play or the App Store.
- Applicants must be aged 18-34 on January 1st 2018.
- Applications must be received by noon on Friday 26th January 2018.
- Interviews will take place in Edinburgh w/c 12th February 2018.
Board positions are not remunerated, but travel and other incidental expenses will be reimbursed.